- Information about the CEP: www.psychology.sju.edu/cep.php
- Sign up for Studies/Check your CEP tally: sju.sona-systems.com
- Turn in your article/lecture summaries: www.turnitin.com
(Signing up for experiments or doing lecture/article summaries)
- Use a computer rather than a mobile device to access http://sju.sona-systems.com
- Log in or request an account.
- Select all the courses you are in from the list (If you are taking PSY101 and PSY150, click both courses over to the right).
- If it is your first time using your account, look for the auto-generated password in your email inbox and log in at Sona Systems. You can change the password under "My Profile".
- You will be prompted to take the prescreen for 1 CEP credit (available during the first 2 weeks of the semester).
- Click on the green "View Available Studies" tab to find studies.
You will only be identified by a 5-digit code to the experimenters. Be sure to have this number memorized to receive credit for the study. You can find the "identification code" under the "My Profile" tab in Sona Systems.
To cancel a scheduled appointment:
- Log in at http://sju.sona-systems.com
- Click on the My Schedule and Credits link on the main page or from the top toolbar.
- You will see listed all the studies you have signed up for, as well as those you have completed. Studies you have signed up for that you are allowed to cancel will have a Cancel button next to them. You must cancel your appointment at least 3 hours before the appointment or you will not be able to cancel the appointment. Lateness and no-shows will be noted in your record.
- A confirmation page will appear and let you know if canceling this appointment will affect your ability to participate in another study you are signed up for. If this is the case, it is your responsibility to cancel the dependent study as well. The system will warn you, but will not block your cancellation.
- Click Yes to cancel your sign-up and the sign-up will be cancelled immediately.
- If you cancel the first part of a two-part study, the second part will also be cancelled. If you cancel the second part of a two-part study, the first part will not be cancelled but you will need to ask the researcher to sign you up for the second part again, if you would like to participate in it at a later date.
If you want to complete CEP credit by writing lecture/article summaries:
- You need to set up an account at http://sju.sona-systems.com. See the first set of instructions above.
- In addition, you must use turnitin.com to submit your lecture or article summary. This website checks your work for plagiarism. Please note that copying someone else's work, failure to quote when you use other's words verbatim, failure to cite a source constitute plagiarism and will lead to no credit with no opportunity for re-write.
- Click on the navigation link Article Summary or Lecture Summary (see tabs on the left of this page) for detailed instructions on what needs to be included in the summary as well as step-by-step instructions on how to submit the summary at turnitin.com. The summaries need to be at minimum 500 words. The Class ID and password that you need in order to set up an account (for article or lecture summary) is listed at the very bottom of the respective web pages.
Note: Any student who under 18 years of age cannot participate in a research study. If you are under 18, please wait until after your 18th birthday to participate in research or choose the lecture or article summary option to complete the CEP requirement.