CEP: Frequently Asked Questions:
Number of CEP credits needed
Q: I am currently enrolled in 2 psychology classes that require CEP credit. Does this mean that I need to accrue 18 credits?
A: No, you only need to complete 9 CEP credits per semester. Make sure when you select the course that you want your CEP credits to count towards that you pick the "course" that says you are enrolled in 2+ intro-level psychology courses. It is the first option on the list of courses.
Q: I don't understand how many credits are needed and how the Bonus credit works.
A: You need to complete 9 CEP credits total. At the end of the semester, the CEP TA will look over your entire record for the semester. If your record is clean (you don't have any no-shows, lateness, failure to respond to surveys, plagiarism noted), then you will be credited 1 bonus CEP credit. That means, if you are the model participant throughout the semester, you will only need to earn 8 CEP credits by the last day of classes to complete the CEP requirement.
Q: I called to cancel my appointment but I am still listed as 'no show' in the record, does this mean that I don't get the bonus CEP credit?
A: That is correct, if a 'no show' is in your record, you will not receive the bonus CEP credit. You must cancel your appointment via Sona Systems (not by phone) at least 3 hours before the scheduled appointment. (See also Canceling an appointment below).
Canceling an appointment
Q: I signed up for an experiment time, but I can't make it. How do I cancel the appointment?
A: To cancel a scheduled appointment:
- Log in at http://sju.sona-systems.com
- Click on the "My Schedule and Credits".
- You will see listed all the studies you signed up for and those you have completed.
- Click on the 'cancel' button next to the study you want to cancel.
- Please note that you can cancel a study up to 3 hours before the start-time. Failure to show up for the appointment or being late for the appointment will be noted in your Sona record. If you cannot make the appointment and it is within 3 hours of study, you may wish to try to contact the experimenter by phone. At that point, whether to note your absence in Sona Systems is at the experimenter's discretion.
Class ID/Password for Turnitin.com
Q: Turnitin.com asks me for a Class ID and password, but I can't find it.
A: The tabs for "Article Summary" and "Lecture Summary" at the CEP webiste provide step-by-step instructions. Go to the appropriate page and scroll to the very bottom of the page.
Q: What do I do if my experimenter did not show up?
First, you should wait at least 5 minutes and make sure that you showed up to the right location. If you are in the correct location and the experimenter did not show up, go directly to Post Hall 229 and talk to Ms. Nancy Fiazzo. She will have you fill out a form that asks for the experiment #, location, and time of the study, and your CEP ID#. She will sign the form and forward it to Dr. Shih. The information you submitted will be verified. If indeed you were at the correct location, waited at least 5 minutes and your experimenter did not show up, you will be credited 1 CEP for your time and effort.